Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Final Thoughts

This experience has given me the opportunity to experience the medical field up close and understand the reality behind the different medical professions. As a high school senior, it is a bit nerve wracking choosing a career that is going to stick with me for my entire life. Going into this program, I knew that I wanted to study nursing, but this experience has allowed me to feel confident in my decision and excited to begin a career I feel so passionately about. During my time at the Valley Hospital, I have worked in numerous departments; including 2B Surgical, Cardiac-Pulmonary Rehab, the Pharmacy, the Laboratory, and a few other departments here and there. Within these departments, I have been able to network with many nurses, doctors and other clinicians who were more than willing to help me reach my goal of becoming a nurse. This truly was a wonderful experience and I am forever grateful for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment