Wednesday, March 8, 2017

What happened this week? 3/6/2017

The following picture shows exactly what I do in Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab. In this instance, if a patient (in this case, Amber) were walking on the treadmill during a Pulmonary class, I would need to assess them mid-workout. I would first question their breathing number based on an RPE scale. The numbers range from 0-8, 0 meaning that breathing is completely normal and 8 meaning they completely cannot breathe. After the number is obtained, I check their oxygen saturation and heart rate. For most patients, I know where their normal vitals range and can tell whether the exercise is strenuous for them. Luckily, I am able to be with the same classes every week, so I am able to get a really good understanding of their health.

No comments:

Post a Comment