Saturday, March 18, 2017

What happened this week? 3/13/2017

This past Friday, I was able to observe a few patients who recently had some sort of Cardiac surgery. For example, one patient I had met had recently had a pacemaker put in. He had suffered from sepsis poisoning. Another patient had a stent put in. He did not have enough blood releasing from his heart. It was truly amazing to see the patients right after their major surgeries. In Cardiac Rehab, I am only able to see them 6 weeks post-operation, now I can watch the process for these patients from the start to hopefully finishing the rehabilitation program. My time in Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab has definitely sparked my interest in this specialty. There are so many diseases associated with your heart and lungs, so every patient is unique from the next. Although it is heartbreaking to see some patients suffer, the science in which the medical professionals use to treat them is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment