Sunday, February 26, 2017

What happened this week? 2/20/2017

This week, I worked at the hospital Monday and Friday. On Monday, I carried out my normal routine in 2B Surgical. On Friday in Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab, I decided to go in a little earlier so I could observe a Cardiac class. I was fortunate enough to watch these patients and their personal workouts. Unlike the Pulmonary classes, the Cardiac patients wear heart monitors for obvious reasons. Their workout plans are designed to improve their heart function, rather than the Pulmonary patients that workout in order to improve their function in normal, daily activities. I was able to watch their arrhythmias while they did their exercises and saw if it was strenuous or not for them. Also another difference for the Cardiac class is the testing that goes on between exercises. For Pulmonary patients, we test their oxygen saturation and heart rate. However, for Cardiac patients, their blood pressure is checked. Hopefully in the future I will be able to observe another class so that I will be able to fully understand. I would like to be able to follow their workouts and recognize the affect on their diagnosis like I do with the Pulmonary patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment